The sculpture classes include individual attention, tailored to the student's goals and abilities. Sculpture training begins first with the basic classical proportions, applying anatomy at the level of the student, and then moving on to personal style.
Art has movement, emotion, and commentary. The choosing of a pose to create these elements in addition to concepts of negative/positive space, balance, and mass are addressed in short lectures.
- Individual instruction
- Beginners to professionals
- New sculptors are welcome
- Experienced sculptors benefit from the affordable model
Athenaeum School of Art
Register with the school: 858.454.5872
website - Athenaeum School of Art
East Village Studio
Register with me: 619-922-6191 email
15th and F - Jerome's Warehouse
1466 Fst. SD, CA 92101
The entrance is on the corner by the stop sign. Parking is free across the street.
Instructor- Bobi 619-922-6191 email
Private classes -Critiques -Group classes
Materials - Order in advance:
You are welcome to bring your own. Order from me the day you register, Bobi -619-922-6191
- clay- $10 (red or grey)
- WED clay - $15
- laminated boards - $6
- armature materials -differs (reusable)
- Bring a clear dry-cleaning bag and, a black garbage bag,
- newspaper, and masking tape if required..
SCULPTURE CLASS in SAN DIEGO
THURSDAYS JANUARY 23 - MARCH 136pm - 9pm 8 weeks
Register now! Deadline January 16, 2014
Athenaeum of La Jolla - 858.454.5872
$280 with discount / $310
$35 or $39 per class depending on discount
model. Learning to sculpt a life-size head is imperative for
creating a complete figure as well as for p
Materials: Call me immediately upon registering See details below.
Beginners are welcome and the experienced sculptor can benefit from the affordable model. There will be demonstrations and casual short lectures. Each student receives individual attention according to their level of expertise and goals.
Bring a dry cleaning bag and a black garbage bag to cover your work.
- grey clay - $10
- red clay- $10 Not easy to "see". I do not recommend for beginners.
- WED clay grey- $15 No firing needed. Medium grey, smooth, slightly less crisp, a little sticky, dense. This is used by model makers in the "movie" industry. It can be fired but it dries strong and doesn't crumble. I like it. Not as easy to work with initially.
- laminated boards - $6
- tool $4
- pole for head - $18 (make your own)