The sculpture classes include individual attention, tailored to the student's goals and abilities. I support any style. Sculpture training begins first with the ability to "see", applying anatomy at the level of the student, keeping in mind personal style.
Sculpture has movement, emotion, and commentary. The choosing of a pose to create these elements in addition to concepts of negative/positive space, balance, and mass are addressed in short lectures.
- Individual instruction
- Beginners to professionals
- New sculptors are welcome
- Experienced sculptors benefit from the affordable model
Athenaeum School of Art
Register with the school: 858.454.5872
website - Athenaeum School of Art
East Village Studio
Register with me: 619-922-6191 email
15th and F - Jerome's Warehouse
1466 Fst. SD, CA 92101
The entrance is on the corner by the stop sign. Parking is free across the street.
Instructor- Bobi 619-922-6191 email
Private classes -Critiques -Group classes
Materials - Order in advance:
You are welcome to bring your own. Order from me the day you register, Bobi -619-922-6191
- clay- $10 (red or grey)
- WED clay - $15
- laminated boards - $6
- armature materials -differs (reusable)
- Bring a clear dry-cleaning bag and, a black garbage bag,
- newspaper, and masking tape
SCULPTURE CLASS in SAN DIEGO
THURSDAY NIGHTS -- APRIL 3 - MAY 226pm - 9pm 8 weeks
San Diego/Park Blvd Studio
$280/310 (includes model)
Materials: *SEE at BOTTOM
Materials: Email me immediately upon registering See details below .email@example.com
A female model will be in a seated pose with her legs apart. She will wear a long skirt pulled up to show her legs, no top. This will allow the student to learn drapery and still see the figure
Beginners are welcome and the experienced sculptor can benefit from the affordable model. There will be demonstrations and casual short lectures. Each student receives individual attention according to their level of expertise and goals.
Bring a dry cleaning bag and a black garbage bag to cover your work.
- grey clay - $10 - preferred
- red clay- $10 Not easy to "see". I do not recommend for beginners.
- WED clay grey- $15 No firing needed. Medium grey, smooth, slightly less crisp, a little sticky, dense. This is used by model makers in the "movie" industry. It can be fired but it dries strong and doesn't crumble. I like it. Not as easy to work with initially.
- laminated boards - $6
- tool $4
- armature for stability, not required -$15, or make your own
- newspaper and masking tape